Date: Saturday August 6, 2011
Time: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Location: Cobourg Beach
Charity: Right to Play
Amount Raised: $2000
Format: mixed (co-ed), 6 on 6 (4-2 min ratio)
Winners: Sandy Boxes (TUC)
There were 16 teams in attendance, including teams from Toronto, Niagara and Bellville. The tournament raised over $2000 which was donated to “Right to Play”.
Each team was guaranteed five (30 minute) games and teams making it to the final played six games.
- There is no minimum or maximum number of players per roster
- No foot blocks (Sand in the eye hurts too much)
- No half time (the games are only 30 minutes, choose your side carefully)
- 10 yard brick
- 1-60 second time out, but cannot be used in the last 5 minutes.
- In order to speed play along teams can either do a quick cheer or just shake hands.
- Points are awarded as follows Win=3 pts, tie = 2 pts, loss = 1 pt
- When the time expires(horn blows), finish the point, if the game is tied it remains a tie.
- In the event of teams being tied with the same number of total points the tie breaker will be settled as follows: Head to Head record, Points against, +/-, Flip a coin
- Burnt Reynolds (TUC)
- Nuts (Niagara)
- Bulldogs (DUC)
- Courtesy Flush (TUC)
- You Look Better on FaceBook (TUC)
- A Few Teachers and a Bunch of Other People (DUC)
- MMV (TUC)
- Sandy Boxes (TUC)
- PFD (DUC)
- Strangers with Candy (TUC)
- Storm The Beach (DUC)
- Wolfpack (TUC)
- Get at me wolf (TUC)
- Bellville (Bellville)
- Slings of David (DUC)
- Sand Pounders (DUC)
(for additions/corrections please contact us)