- Each team will have 3 preliminary games within their pool. After the first three games the teams will be ranked from 1 to 20 to determine who they play in their next game.
- The top eight teams will make it into the Championship round, the next 8 teams will go into the Consolation round, and the bottom 4 teams will go into a 1-game consolation round (C2).
- Teams in Champion and Consolation rounds will play 5 games and the top 2 teams in each will play 6
- When ranking teams, the order of the teams may be changed so that teams do not play against teams from their initial pool.
- Teams should do their post game cheers off of the fields unless they are quick. In order to speed play along teams can either do a quick cheer or just shake hands.
- Captains must report their score to the scorer’s table immediately following their game. Points are awarded as follows: Win – 3 pts, tie – 2 pts, loss – 1 pt as long as you report the score, loss – 0 points if you do not report the score before your next game.
- All games will be 40 minutes in length with no half times. If games start late then they will be shorter in length.
- Pool games end on the horn. Whatever the score is when the whistle blows is the final score. Even if it is a tie. This rule changes for playoffs.
- During the quarter finals, semi-finals and finals when the horn blows to end the game finish the point. If this point results in a tie, play one more point.
- Tie-breakers: head to head, most wins, lowest points against, most points for and flip a disc.
UPA (11th Edition) rules are used, except for/in addition to the following:
- There is no maximum number of players per roster
- 6 players on the field per side
- Stall count goes up to EIGHT (not ten)
- Minimum 2 of each gender – the other team does not have to match ratio
- One 60 second time-out is allowed per game but not in last 5 minutes. Please stay on field. Calling a 2nd time-out is a turn over.
- No half time (the games are only 40 minutes, choose your side carefully)
- Marking foot blocks are considered fouls (sand in the eye hurts too much!)
- Bricks are 10 yards
- The lines are, of course, out. In the case of a heavy wind and the tape being severely curved use the cones as your reference for in and out.
Please remember that this tournament is just for fun and all proceeds go to Charity!!
Have fun and always maintain the Spirit of the Game!